Selasa, 15 Juni 2010

2010

My Angel series begin at 2010, to continue the Neon color painting series at 2008.
I use dark color as a color base and neon color on its top. These are representing signature of city. We can differentiate city life especially in the night. The light of billboard, car light, neon sign, neon light,etc tell us that life won't over yet.
I always live in city, even though it's not the capital city but people always compare my hometown Bandung to Jakarta. So, that image is myself as town man.

Why I'm covering my head? in some culture and religion, woman should use veil. As Christian I know bible suggest woman to cover their head when they want to go to church or pray. In some culture married woman also should use veil.

As long as I grow up, I'm always questioning about being married. I think married is a cage for a woman and I can't believe myself for being faithful. But finally I got married. In this new chapter I experience so many thing. In Some condition I fell helpless to handle life because I have been self-reliant in my life. But on the other hand I'm a religious person.

But my husband (witch represent in glowing image) reminds me that I'm no longer alone. He always be around, watch my back, even though he can't always be a hero, who can solve all the problem, he always by my side and supports me. Like an angel.

"my angels", 140x200 cm, oil on canvas, 2010


angels, 150x200cm, oil on canvas, 2010
Unspoken # 2, 130x130cm, oil on canvas, 2010

Elia at the side river of kerit ,175x127 cm, acrylic on canvas, 2010